Sunday, November 15, 2009

Mapping at Lake Johnson

This Saturday I finally was able to start mapping at Lake Johnson. Joseph told me to start from the northern tip of the map, so there I went. After 3 hours I came out with this piece.



And this is how it looked like with base map turned on :-)



Speaking about the base map. I am glad I have it (again thanks to Joseph for aligning it to our current Lake Johnson map!). Even with the base map, I found it difficult to draw realistic elevation contours - and that's where a lot of my time went. I am slow...

Maybe it'll go faster from now on, but I doubt it. I definitely not going to have everything around the lake done by spring time. But I'll keep going around the lake and increase our map, so we'll have some new areas to go next time we have an event there.

No comments: